- This event has passed.
January 14, 2021 – May 13, 2021 – VIRTUAL MARRIED COUPLES SERIES *New Dates
January 14 @ 7:00pm - 8:30pm
One event on January 14, 2021 at 7:00pm
One event on February 11, 2021 at 7:00pm
One event on February 25, 2021 at 7:00pm
One event on March 11, 2021 at 7:00pm
One event on March 25, 2021 at 7:00pm
One event on April 15, 2021 at 7:00pm
One event on May 13, 2021 at 7:00pm
THIS RETREAT IS FULL BUT IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE ADDED TO OUR WAIT LIST, PLEASE FILL OUT THE FORM BELOW AND WE WILL CONTACT YOU IF ANY SPOTS OPEN UP.
An invitation for married couples to explore and integrate Ignatian Spirituality as you nurture and enrich your Christian marriage!
A 7-SESSION RETREAT
Meets Virtually via Zoom
BEGINNING JANUARY 14, 2021 *NEW START DATE AND SESSION DATES
January 14, February 11, February 25, March 11, March 25, April 15 & May 13
Suggested Donation $210 Per Couple ($30 per session) Donation can be paid monthly.
Click here for event flyer
Click here to purchase the book “Falling in Love…Finding God” which we will use during the series
Led By Beverly & Tom Delleart
Bev is a Certified Spiritual Director, Director of The Spiritual Exercises, and serves on the Loyola retreat team. Bev and Tom have led marriage enrichment programs for over 10 years through their local parish where Bev served as the Director of Pastoral Ministries & Spiritual Direction.
Our evenings will be filled with prayer, music, reflection, couple private time, and group discussion, inspired by the reading of Falling in Love…Finding God with guest speakers as appropriate to an evening’s topic. Prior experience of the Spiritual Exercises not a pre-requisite. You can order the book through the Loyola on-line bookstore.
Along the way, we will explore the themes of the Spiritual Exercises as they relate to the stages of marriage…
• Blending of head and heart to live with joy, depth, and authenticity
• Journeying with Scripture through the lens of a married couple
• Using prayer & meditation guided by the Spiritual Exercises
• Discovering how the discernment process leads to mutually desirable choices, giving us energy and freedom to follow through
• Growing in our love for one another; moving us out of ourselves to serve as “people for others”
• Living an integrated whole life rather than juggling separate spiritual, marriage, family, work, and personal lives
• Together we will explore and encourage each other as we move deeper in union with God as we come to prayerfully discover God’s desires, our mission, be filled with God’s graces, and respond with gratitude for God’s love!
“If you use this book, you will find that you are growing together as a couple while, at the same time, growing closer to God. Since closeness to God and to one another never stops there, the effects brighten the world around you.” ~William A. Barry, S.J.
“It is surprising that so little has been written on marriage from the Ignatian point of view. Surprising because Ignatius’ inviting and accessible spirituality, which speaks of how to love freely, how to center oneself in Christ and how to make good decisions, is a natural fit for couples longing to lead loving lives.” ~James Martin, S.J.