Thursdays, December 10, 2020 – June 10, 2021 – VIRTUAL MARRIED COUPLES SERIES
December 10 @ 7:00pm - 8:30pm
An event every month that begins at 7:00pm on day Second of the month, repeating until June 10, 2021
An invitation for married couples to explore and integrate Ignatian Spirituality as you nurture and enrich your Christian marriage!
A SEVEN-SESSION RETREAT
Meets Second Thursday of Each Month
BEGINNING DECEMBER 10
Suggested Donation $210 Per Couple ($30 per session) Donation can be paid monthly.
Led By Beverly & Tom Delleart
Bev is a Certified Spiritual Director, Director of The Spiritual Exercises, and serves on the Loyola retreat team. Bev and Tom have led marriage enrichment programs for over 10 years through their local parish where Bev served as the Director of Pastoral Ministries & Spiritual Direction.
Our evenings will be filled with prayer, music, reflection, couple private time, and group discussion, inspired by the reading of Falling in Love…Finding God with guest speakers as appropriate to an evening’s topic. Prior experience of the Spiritual Exercises not a pre-requisite. You can order the book through the Loyola Bookstore.
Along the way, we will explore the themes of the Spiritual Exercises as they relate to the stages of marriage…
• Blending of head and heart to live with joy, depth, and authenticity
• Journeying with Scripture through the lens of a married couple
• Using prayer & meditation guided by the Spiritual Exercises
• Discovering how the discernment process leads to mutually desirable choices, giving us energy and freedom to follow through
• Growing in our love for one another; moving us out of ourselves to serve as “people for others”
• Living an integrated whole life rather than juggling separate spiritual, marriage, family, work, and personal lives
• Together we will explore and encourage each other as we move deeper in union with God as we come to prayerfully discover God’s desires, our mission, be filled with God’s graces, and respond with gratitude for God’s love!
“If you use this book, you will find that you are growing together as a couple while, at the same time, growing closer to God. Since closeness to God and to one another never stops there, the effects brighten the world around you.” –William A. Barry, SJ