Ensuring Responsible Ministry at Loyola Jesuit Center in Morristown
As we reopen our doors at Loyola Jesuit Center in Morristown, we want to ensure all of our retreatants, friends and benefactors that we are taking every precaution to maintain a safe, clean, well sanitized environment for all who enter our doors. The following procedures have been established and will be updated as circumstances and regulations change:
- All Common Rooms and Chapels have been set up to respect the guidelines of social distancing. There is signage throughout the building to promote awareness and cooperation with our established guidelines. There are hand-sanitizing stations throughout the building.
- Retreatant temperatures will be taken daily and all retreatants will be asked to fill out a COVID Screening Form upon arrival, CLICK HERE TO PREVIEW FORM. If you answer yes to any of the questions on the form, we ask that you please refrain from coming for your safety and the safety of those around you.
All staff and guests are asked to respect and follow these safety procedures:
- Sanitize or Wash hands often
- Maintain appropriate social distancing
- Agree to a daily temperature check (this will be done at breakfast)
- Wear a mask in all public spaces
- Please do not move any chairs in the Chapel or Dining Room, they have been spaced according to guidelines for your safety.
In accordance with the Guidelines established by the Diocese of Paterson, the following procedures are enacted for Mass:
- No Holy Water in fonts
- No holding hands during the Lord’s Prayer
- No Sign of Peace will be offered during Mass
- Masks are required at Mass (the Priest will wear a mask during the distribution of Holy Communion only)
- Retreatants are asked to please take Holy Communion by hand. Keep mask on until the Eucharist is placed in your hand, then move away from the Priest to consume.